|Title:||Mozart Jazz Freight Train|
|Spanish Version:||Mozart, la música jazz y el tren de carga
|Source of Publisher:||Illinois Early Learning Project
|Length of article:||Short
|Setting for which the article is intended:||● Home
● Family Child Care
● Child Care Center
● Preschool Program
|Intended Audience:||● Parents/Family
(the age of the children to whom the article applies).
|● Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)
|Learning Areas:||● LANGUAGE ARTS
● PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT AND HEALTH
● THE ARTS
● SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
|Goals:||1. Demonstrate increasing competence in oral communication (listening and speaking).
8. Identify and describe common attributes, patterns, and relationships in objects.
13. Understand important connections and understandings in science and engineering.
19. Acquire movement skills and understand concepts needed to explore the environment, support learning, and engage in health-enhancing physical activity.
25. Gain exposure to and explore the arts.
26. Understand that the arts can be used to communicate ideas and emotions.
30. Develop self-management skills to achieve school and life success and develop positive relationships with others.
|Learning Standards:||1.C. Use language to convey information and ideas.
8.B. Describe and document patterns using symbols.
13.A. Understand rules to follow when investigating and exploring.
19.B. Demonstrate awareness and coordination of body movements.
25.A. Investigate, begin to appreciate, and participate in the arts.
26.B. Understand ways to express meaning through the arts.
30.A. Identify and manage one’s emotions and behavior.
30.C. Demonstrate skills related to successful personal and school outcomes.
|Benchmarks:||1.C.ECa. Describe familiar people, places, things, and events and, with teacher assistance, provide additional detail.
8.B.ECa. With adult assistance, represent a simple repeating pattern by verbally describing it or by modeling it with objects or actions.
13.A.ECa. Begin to understand basic safety practices one must follow when exploring and engaging in science and engineering investigations.
19.B.ECa. Coordinate movements to perform complex tasks.
25.A.ECc. Music: Begin to appreciate and participate in music activities.
26.B.ECa. Use creative arts as an avenue for self-expression.
30.A.ECe. Use materials with purpose, safety, and respect.
30.C.ECc. Show some initiative, self-direction, and independence in actions.