|Title:||Natural Illinois: Rock On!|
|Spanish Version:||La naturaleza en Illinois. Las piedras y las rocas
|Polish Version:||Środowisko naturalne w Stanie Illinois: Twardy jak skała!
|Source of Publisher:||Illinois Early Learning Project
|Length of article:||Short
|Setting for which the article is intended:||● Family Child Care
● Child Care Center
● Preschool Program
|Intended Audience:||● Teachers/Caregivers
|Keywords:||● Classroom Activities
● Outdoor Activities
(the age of the children to whom the article applies).
|● Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)
|Learning Areas:||● LANGUAGE ARTS
|Goals:||3. Demonstrate interest in and understanding of informational text.
5. Demonstrate increasing awareness of and competence in emergent writing skills and abilities.
8. Identify and describe common attributes, patterns, and relationships in objects.
11. Demonstrate curiosity about the world and begin to use the practices of science and engineering to answer questions and solve problems.
12. Explore concepts and information about the physical, earth, and life sciences.
13. Understand important connections and understandings in science and engineering.
|Learning Standards:||3.A. Recognize key ideas and details in nonfiction text.
5.C. Use writing to research and share knowledge.
8.A. Explore objects and patterns.
11.A. Develop beginning skills in the use of science and engineering practices, such as observing, asking questions, solving problems, and drawing conclusions.
12.C. Explore the physical properties of objects.
13.B. Use tools and technology to assist with science and engineering investigations.
|Benchmarks:||3.A.ECa. With teacher assistance, ask and answer questions about details in a nonfiction book.
5.C.ECa. Participate in group projects or units of study designed to learn about a topic of interest.
5.C.ECb. With teacher assistance, recall factual information and share that information through drawing, dictation, or writing.
8.A.ECa. Sort, order, compare, and describe objects according to characteristics or attribute(s).
11.A.ECd. Collect, describe, compare, and record information from observations and investigations.
12.C.ECa. Identify, describe, and compare the physical properties of objects.
13.B.ECa. Use nonstandard and standard scientific tools for investigation.
13.B.ECb. Become familiar with technological tools that can aid in scientific inquiry.