|Title:||Keep It Moving: Playing With Hoops|
|Spanish Version:||Que siga el movimiento. El jugar con aros de hula-hula
|Source of Publisher:||Illinois Early Learning Project
|Length of article:||Short
|Setting for which the article is intended:||● Preschool Program
|Intended Audience:||● Teachers/Caregivers
|Keywords:||● Classroom Activities
● Dual Language Learners
● Emotional Development
● IL Early Learning Standards/IELDS
● Physical Development
● Social Development
(the age of the children to whom the article applies).
|● Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)
|Learning Areas:||● SCIENCE
● PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT AND HEALTH
● ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER HOME LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT
● SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
|Goals:||12. Explore concepts and information about the physical, earth, and life sciences.
19. Acquire movement skills and understand concepts needed to explore the environment, support learning, and engage in health-enhancing physical activity.
20. Develop habits for lifelong fitness.
28. Use the home language to communicate within and beyond the classroom.
30. Develop self-management skills to achieve school and life success and develop positive relationships with others.
31. Use social-awareness and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships.
|Learning Standards:||12.D. Explore concepts of force and motion.
19.A. Demonstrate physical competency and control of large and small muscles.
19.B. Demonstrate awareness and coordination of body movements.
20.A. Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
28.A. Use the home language at age-appropriate levels for a variety of social and academic purposes.
30.A. Identify and manage one’s emotions and behavior.
31.A. Develop positive relationships with peers and adults.
31.B. Use communication and social skills to interact effectively with others.
|Benchmarks:||12.D.ECb. Explore the effect of force on objects in and outside the early childhood environment.
19.A.ECa. Engage in active play using gross- and fine-motor skills.
19.B.ECb. Demonstrate body awareness when moving in different spaces.
20.A.ECa. Participate in activities to enhance physical fitness.
28.A.ECb. Use home language in family, community, and early childhood settings.
30.A.ECe. Use materials with purpose, safety, and respect.
31.A.ECc. Interact easily with familiar adults.
31.B.ECa. Interact verbally and nonverbally with other children.