|Title:||The Pumpkin Project|
|Spanish Version:||El Proyecto de Calabazas
|Length of article:||Medium
|Setting for which the article is intended:||● Family Child Care
● Child Care Center
● Preschool Program
|Intended Audience:||● Teachers/Caregivers
● Service Providers
|Keywords:||● Classroom Activities
● Developmentally Appropriate Practice
● Early Care and Education
● IL Early Learning Standards/IELDS
● Project Approach
● Reggio Emilia Approach
(the age of the children to whom the article applies).
|● Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)
|Learning Areas:||● LANGUAGE ARTS
● THE ARTS
● PROJECT APPROACH
|Goals:||1. Demonstrate increasing competence in oral communication (listening and speaking).
9. Explore concepts of geometry and spatial relations.
10. Begin to make predictions and collect data information.
11. Demonstrate curiosity about the world and begin to use the practices of science and engineering to answer questions and solve problems.
12. Explore concepts and information about the physical, earth, and life sciences.
26. Understand that the arts can be used to communicate ideas and emotions.