|Title:||Choose Good Books That Accurately Reflect Cultures and Home Languages|
|Spanish Version:||Escojamos libros que reflejan autÚnticamente las culturas y lenguas del hogar
|Source of Publisher:||Illinois Early Learning Project
|Length of article:||Short
|Setting for which the article is intended:||● Family Child Care
● Child Care Center
● Preschool Program
|Intended Audience:||● Teachers/Caregivers
● Service Providers
|Keywords:||● Anti Bias Practices
● Best Practices
● Developmentally Appropriate Practice
● Dual Language Learners
● Early Care and Education
● Early Literacy
● Language Arts
● Language Development
● Reading to Children
● Recommended Books
(the age of the children to whom the article applies).
|● Infants and Toddlers (Birth To Age 3)
● Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)
|Learning Areas:||● LANGUAGE ARTS
● ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER HOME LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT
|Goals:||2. Demonstrate understanding and enjoyment of literature.
28. Use the home language to communicate within and beyond the classroom.
29. Use the home language to make connections and reinforce knowledge and skills across academic and social areas.
|Domains:||● Developmental Domain 1: Social & Emotional Development
● Developmental Domain 3: Language Development, Communication, & Literacy
|Subdomain:||● Early Literacy