|Title:||The Blue Bowl|
|Spanish Version:||El tazón azul
|Length of article:||N/A (Video)
|Setting for which the article is intended:||● Home
● Family Child Care
● Child Care Center
● Preschool Program
|Intended Audience:||● Parents/Family
● Service Providers
|Keywords:||● Developmentally Appropriate Practice
● IL Early Learning Standards/IELDS
● Outdoor Activities
● Peer Relationships
● Pretend Play
(the age of the children to whom the article applies).
|● Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)
|Learning Areas:||● LANGUAGE ARTS
● THE ARTS
● SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
|Goals:||1. Demonstrate increasing competence in oral communication (listening and speaking).
25. Gain exposure to and explore the arts.
30. Develop self-management skills to achieve school and life success and develop positive relationships with others.
31. Use social-awareness and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships.
|Learning Standards:||25.A. Investigate, begin to appreciate, and participate in the arts.
31.B. Use communication and social skills to interact effectively with others.
|Benchmarks:||25.A.ECb. Drama: Begin to appreciate and participate in dramatic activities.
31.B.ECa. Interact verbally and nonverbally with other children.
31.B.ECb. Engage in cooperative group play.
31.B.ECc. Use socially appropriate behavior with peers and adults, such as helping, sharing, and taking turns.