|Title:||Dealing with Distraction|
|Spanish Version:||Cómo hacer frente a las distracciones
|Polish Version:||Co robić gdy dzieci nie wykazują zainteresowania podczas zajęć w przedszkolu
|Source of Publisher:||Illinois Early Learning Project
|Length of article:||Short
|Setting for which the article is intended:||● Family Child Care
● Child Care Center
● Preschool Program
|Intended Audience:||● Teachers/Caregivers
|Keywords:||● Emotional Development
● Social Development
(the age of the children to whom the article applies).
|● Infants and Toddlers (Birth To Age 3)
● Preschoolers (Age 3 Through Age 5)
|Learning Areas:||● LANGUAGE ARTS
● SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
● ACROSS THE CURRICULUM
|Goals:||1. Demonstrate increasing competence in oral communication (listening and speaking).
30. Develop self-management skills to achieve school and life success and develop positive relationships with others.
31. Use social-awareness and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships.
32. Demonstrate decision-making skills and behaviors in personal, school, and community contexts.
|Learning Standards:||1.A. Demonstrate understanding through age-appropriate responses.
30.A. Identify and manage one’s emotions and behavior.
31.A. Develop positive relationships with peers and adults.
31.B. Use communication and social skills to interact effectively with others.
32.A. Begin to consider ethical, safety, and societal factors in making decisions.
|Benchmarks:||1.A.ECa. Follow simple one-, two- and three-step directions.
1.A.ECb. Respond appropriately to questions from others.
1.A.ECc. Provide comments relevant to the context.
30.A.ECd. Begin to understand and follow rules.
32.A.ECb. Follow rules and make good choices about behavior.